Etsy With Nancy
Are you New to Etsy?
If so, what were your expectations when you first set up you Etsy Shop and listed your first handmade items?
- Only .20 per listing? I can do that!
- 3.5% when an item sells is great!
- My friends Mary & Sue say I should try it!
- They’re making lots of money each month!
- 1.4 million sellers on Etsy do the same thing, so can I!
- I didn’t research selling on Etsy, but it seems easy. I can do that!
- Wow, is that all there is to opening a shop?
- I know there are other sections I can fill out, but I don’t have time now…
- I am ready to sell, I can do all that other stuff later!
If you tried it this way, how did it work for you? Are you sitting back now and waiting for sales? I’m afraid you will have a long wait!
If You Set up an Etsy Shop
With the Above Expectations
I’m Afraid You’re Set Up For Failure!
It’s like setting up a website and thinking… “they will come” but… They don’t, do they?
- You have to do something to let potential customers know that you’re even there.
- You have to announce you’re selling something special.
- Do you throw a party and not send out a single invitation?
- What about an announcement for a baby shower?
- Invitations for a wedding or wedding shower are a must…
Are you on Social Media such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google Plus?
What’s that? You don’t have time for it?
Well, then… I am SO sorry, but you are set up for failure.
Without social media online today to promote what you do and what you sell, you won’t make it!
If you list it… They Will NOT Come!
It is up to you to let friends and potential customers know you are now selling your special, handmade items. Do others know you? Do they know you have a very special gift making… what?
Stay tuned to “Etsy With Nancy”, a series of articles about how to begin selling!